Thursday, May 19, 2016

Mixing It Up

I've not had much time to create art these days... time flies so fast! But last month, I managed to get a few hours all at once :) Very grateful! I was waiting to post the art off to its owner (its for a swap) but its hiding at the moment! I figure if I post it in my blog it might reappear :) You never know!

Having a theme of "Pink" made it hard to start... but I soon got going. 


The outside was created using both the Dina Wakley and Dylusions (white) acrylic paints through a few stencils (Tim's "Scribble" and Dylusions' "Hearts" and "Flossie"). Then I added Ranger's translucent texture paste in matte using the heart stencil again and with a spatula, scraped the paste over different areas.


The quote stamp I used is "Good Bra" by Darkroom Door, stamped with black ink after the page was dry.

The doodling was drawn with a black Graphik line maker (Derwent) and white Sharpie (waterbased). You could also ise the groovy new Dylusions paint pens :)


The inside was created in a similar way, but without the texture paste. The flowers and butterflies are a serviette while the dragonfly is a diecut shape cut out of white card.


The quote is a Stampendous rubber stamp (such a lovely statement) inked with black StazOn.


The cute little bird is stamped with white Distresss ink (Picket Fence) and doodled over with my white Sharpie.


So that's my first DAJ :) I enjoyed mixing it up with paints, stencils and serviettes. Art is so much fun!

Happy Creative Day!
:)
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Have a happy creative day!

Must Have Books