Behind the Scenes of Wood'n Marbles

A behind the scenes snapshot from Ray James of Wood'n Marbles.

Ray is a talented masterturner and timber craftsman, and also my Dad!

He has been busy making a wonderful supply of handcrafted shapes and detailed silhouettes out of wood and some out of MDF (a type of manufactured wood).


Above is Ray using his scroll saw, creating a little arched 'Merry Christmas' sign for a large nativity scene he's making.

Below is a silhouette shape he made a few weeks ago. Its around 15cm long, small enough for an ornament or to use on a card, yet large enough to use on a scrapbook page.


He's made so many over the past few weeks! Here's a small sample, including angels, seahorses, cats, donkeys, rabbits and fish.


Everything Ray makes is always either useful and/or beautiful. I'm not biaised at all either, its simply a fact!!! Ok, maybe I favour his work a little because he's my Dad, but you'll see... his work is amazing!
If you have any special requests, simply ask... Ray can create just about anything!

Here are two of my favourite trivets he's made... a dragon and tiger.


Each is the size of a regular trivet or a small plate. 

These beautiful creations and more will be added to my shop (www.shop.artbyjenny.com.au) from early January. 

I love everything my Dad makes and am pretty excited that he's agreed to sell some of his creations in my shop!

Thank you for reading my blog. I am sending out a wish for you to have a very happy and safe Christmas... may it be filled with love, laughter, good health and happiness.

Happy Creative Day!
:)
Jenny

Comments