Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

Got plans to celebrate the arrival of the New Year? I'm seeing the year in with my family while painting and drawing... well, I've got all these ufos to finish (unfinished objects) and new ones to start that its best to get started as soon as I can.

I've got big exciting plans for 2014. I've finally opened my online shop at www.shop.artbyjenny.com.au and it is ready to receive customers (that's you! lol). So far I've added Darkroom Door stamps, Graphic 45 papers and stamps, my own logos and, of course, ATC supplies.

For those of you new to the unique and wonderful worlds of Darkroom Door and Graphic 45, here are two stunning creations from each.

Created by Sarah Schwerin for Darkroom Door
Steampunk tag by Graphic 45
Each of these two beautiful artworks could be recreated using any of the Graphic 45 papers or Darkroom Door stamps. Let your imagination be your guide!

The photo I've added to my eShop this week is the one with the beautiful butterflies coloured with the gorgeous Dylusions ink spray.


I just LOVE these butterflies! They're easy to do too.

Simply cut out your shapes from a piece of card (gloss is preferable but not essential, to get the brightest of colours). Then you build a spray booth out of a cardboard box or set aside a place to spray somewhere that won't matter if it gets spattered with ink.

Next you choose the colours of Dylusions you want to use (sometimes the hardest thing!)... then with a quick spritz, spray the shape with the ink.

I like to use more than one colour at a time... the colours blend beautifully and no two shapes will be the same. Also, when the bottles run out (or get very low), they can be mixed together and/or have water added.

For a bit of sparkly fun, you can also add a bit of Perfect Pearls powder. Remember to shake the bottle well. And label it so you don't get muddled up. I put the remains of yellow and orange in a yellow bottle but didn't label it... it took me ages to work out why my yellow was so dark!

You can also spray your card before you punch or cut out the shapes, but if you are using a punch, I recommend you cut first, spray later. The Dylusions ink tends to thicken the cardstock slightly. It can still be punched through, but not as easily as before it is inked.
Soon to be added to the Art by Jenny eShop
So have a bit of fun... most of us have Dylusions ink now, but when you run out or have finished mixing your colours and need more, visit my eShop. I'll give you a yell when they're online, plus I also have packs of smooth and glossy cardstock to add to the store.

Happy New Year!
:)
Jenny

Comments